Are you an educator? Urban Champions can relate to your challenges-and help you solve them.
You love not only teaching, you love your students. You are extremely concerned about the aspiring High School Athlete because he or she seems lost in the aspiration to play professional sports without an accurate road map. He or she is not academically prepared for success in life after High School.
Having an aspiration is not bad but these students are failing. This segment of students are under performing in school. They’ll be poorly prepared for life after High School.
You don’t want to see this happen. Not especially on your watch. You’re afraid that he or she will not graduate. But they are interested in sports even obsessed with becoming a college or professional athlete.
The only problem is that this dream can’t happen for them because they are not academically prepared for college.
More importantly, in addition to not being able play the sport he or she loves, first and foremost, because he or she is failing, not only academically ineligible, he or she may not graduate in high school.
The negative behavior of this student has become a problem too. You are concerned that he or she on the path of becoming a delinquent because you’ve seen this pattern before.
There are nine advantages of UC's Empowerment Program (eight for student's and one for parents.)
First and foremost, parents:
- Will be empowered with skills to work together more effectively with your student to achieve his or her life’s goals. This is achieved by our Parent Empowerment component of our service.
- Improve his or her overall ability to become independent, purposeful, goal directed because of the development of Executive Function Skills. This is achieved by our Cognitive (brain) and Executive Function Skills Training with our BrainHQ Training.
- The development of Social Emotional Intelligence to improve your student’s ability to work more effectively with his or her parent(s), teachers, coaches, and fellow students to achieve personal goals. He or she will become ready to learn through these skills because he or she is empowered resolve the sources of the problems of your own behavior, character and citizenship. This is achieved by our Social-Emotional Skills Training with Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens.
- The development of more effective health and nutritional habits will optimize the other training that your student receives. It will assist him or her with resolving the problems of being hungry, limited time to study, tired, unfocused and unmotivated. Your students better eating and sleeping habits will improve your ability to perform in the classroom and other aspects of his or her life.
- Hunger and tiredness causes your student to not prioritize studying as he or she needs to do. Those two physical obstacles lead to your student not having the ability to focus or motivation to perform in the classroom and complete homework. This is resolved through our Healthy Habits and Nutritional Training.
- To raise your student’s level of motivation we provide rewards that your student can earn by completing UC’s Program Milestones. The major milestone is the improving your grades. As your student moves up the academic ladder by improving his or her grades he or she will be rewarded with the participation in special activities, events and sports training.
- The athletic performance training is the major earned reward for your students because he or she wants to be a college and/or professional athlete or receive special attention as a high school star. This is achieved through a combination of the Earned Rewards through a Win-Win Agreement that includes Athletic Performance Training.
- Finally, your student life and your parent(s) lives will be changed – for the better. As a matter of fact, families will be changed as they experience the benefits of UC’s Training. By your student and parents creating a mutual goal, beginning to work together toward his or her Personal Empowerment Plan goals and progressively achieving them improves and their family relationship will change for the better. This is what Urban Champions is after – lives changed of the better.
Find out more about this exciting new way to empower students and be a more empowered educator. Contact Urban Champions today.
Keep in touchContact us
Please let us know what you would like to know more about—or share your comments and suggestions with us. Please choose any or all of the following and hit the “submit” button.