Are you a parent (or know one with an at-risk student athlete? Let us relate to your challenges.
Your student is failing and under performing in school. You’re afraid that he or she will not graduate. But they are interested in sports even obsessed with becoming a college or professional athlete.
The only problem is that this dream can’t happen for them because they are not academically prepared for college. More importantly, first and foremost, because he or she is failing, is not only academically eligible to play the sport he or she loves, may not graduate.
You’re afraid that he or she will not graduate. But they are interested in sports even obsessed with becoming a college or professional athlete.
How Urban Champions can help:
- The personal leadership skills that they learn makes them a more coachable player and better teammate and leader on the team. They learn what you want and reinforce it with their teammates and add to it in reaching their peers getting them to buy-in in ways you can’t. The same skills it they need to achieve in the classroom are transferable on the field. This is what makes great players effective and successful, right? It’s not just physical ability, character makes a player work more effective at winning and transfer to the game. This is achieved by our Social-Emotional Skills Training with Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens.
- The development of more effective health and nutritional habits will optimize student-athletes performance in the classroom, on the court or field and life. It will assist with resolving the problems of being hunger, limited time to study, tiredness, lack of focus and motivation. Your student-athletes better eating and sleeping habits will improve his or her ability to perform in the classroom, on the court or field and other aspects of his or her life.
- Hunger and tiredness causes your student-athletes to not prioritize studying as he or she needs to do. Those two physical obstacles lead to your student-athletes not having the ability to focus or motivation to perform in the classroom and complete homework. This is resolved through our Healthy Habits and Nutritional Training.
- To raise your student-athletes level of motivation we provide rewards that your student-athlete can earn by completing UC’s Program Milestones. The major milestone is the improvement of your student-athletes grades. As your student-athlete moves up the academic ladder by improving his or her grades he or she will be rewarded with the participation in special activities, events and sports training.
- The athletic performance training is the major earned reward for your student-athlete because he or she wants to be a college and/or professional athlete or receive special attention as a high school star. This is achieved through a combination of the Earned Rewards through a Win-Win Agreement that includes Athletic Performance Training.
- Finally, your student-athlete’s life and your parent(s) lives will be changed for the better. As a matter of fact, families will be changed progressively as they experience the benefits of UC’s Training. By your student-athletes and parents creating a mutual goal, beginning to work together toward his or her Personal Empowerment Plan goals and progressively achieving them improves and their family relationship will change for the better. This is what Urban Champions is after – live change for the better.
Find out how Urban Champions can help YOU and your students get better results on the field, and in life.
Keep in touchContact us
Please let us know what you would like to know more about—or share your comments and suggestions with us. Please choose any or all of the following and hit the “submit” button.